How We Manage Your Data
HOW WE MAY COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We obtain personal data about you, for example, when:
- you or your employer engage us to provide our services and also during the provision of those services
- you are a participant on a professional development programme that we have arranged
- you contact us by email, via our website, telephone, post or social media (for example when you have a query about our services)
- from publicly available resources (for example, from LinkedIn or from your employer’s website).
- you request a proposal from us in respect of the services we provide
- you register or attend one of our seminars, workshops, webinars, or other events
THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
The information we hold about you may include the following:
- your personal details (such as your name and/or address, email address, job title and employer)
- details of contact we have had with you in relation to the provision, or the proposed provision, of our services
- details of any professional development programmes you have attended or advisory services you have received from us
- our correspondence and communications with you
- information about any complaints and enquiries you make to us
- information from our own research, surveys and marketing activities
- information we receive from other sources, such as publicly available information and our clients
- We do not hold any sensitive personal data.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
We may process your personal data for purposes necessary for the performance of our contract with you to comply with our legal obligations.
We may process your personal data for the purposes necessary for the performance of our contract with our clients. This may include processing your personal data where you are an employee, subcontractor, supplier or customer of our client.
We may process your personal data for the purposes of our own legitimate interests provided that those interests do not override any of your own interests, rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal data. This includes processing for marketing, business development, statistical and management purposes.
We may process your personal data for certain additional purposes with your consent, and in these limited circumstances where your consent is required for the processing of your personal data then you have the right to withdraw your consent to processing for such specific purposes.
Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
Situations in which we will use your personal data
We may use your personal data in order to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between our clients and us (which will most usually be for the provision of our services)
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between our clients and us (which will most usually be for the provision of our services) where you may be a subcontractor, supplier or customer of our client
- provide you with information that we believe could be useful and relevant to you in your role, and that could add significant value to you and your organisation
- provide you with information related to our services and our events that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, provided you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- seek your thoughts and opinions on the services we provide, and
- notify you about any changes to our services.
If you refuse to provide us with certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you. Alternatively, we may be unable to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
We may also process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in accordance with this notice, where we are legally required or permitted to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected.
When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data, we take into consideration:
- the requirements of our business and the services provided
- any statutory or legal obligations
- the purposes for which we originally collected the personal data
- the lawful grounds on which we based our processing
- the types of personal data we have collected
- the amount and categories of your personal data; and
- whether the purpose of the processing could reasonably be fulfilled by other means.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
Where we need to use your personal data for another reason, other than for the purpose for which we collected it, we will only use your personal data where that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Should it be necessary to use your personal data for a new purpose, we will notify you and communicate the legal basis which allows us to do so before starting any new processing.
We will share your personal data with third parties where we are required by law, where it is necessary to administer the relationship between us or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
All of our third-party service providers are required to take commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. We only permit our third-party service providers to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so